1.06 - The Self-Determined Career Development Model - Page 5
Figure 3: Self-Determined Career Development Model: Phase 3
Problem to Solve: What have I achieved?
- Question 9: What actions have I taken?
- Enable person to self-evaluate and articulate progress toward goal achievement.
- Question 10: What barriers have been removed?
- Assist person to compare progress with their desired outcomes.
- Question 11: What has changed to enable me to get the job and career I want?
- Support person to re-evaluate goal if progress is insufficient.
- Assist person to decide if goal remains the same or changes.
- Collaborate with person to identify if the action plan is adequate or inadequate given revised or retained goal.
- Assist person to change action plan if necessary.
- Question 12: Have I achieved what I want to achieve?
- Enable person to decide if progress is adequate, inadequate, or if goal has been achieved.
- If this goal has been achieved, enable person to decide if a different goal is needed to achieve their employment or career goals
- Phase 3 Employment Supports
- Self-Evaluation Instruction
- Use previous supports
End of basic content. Credits, navigation links and, where relevant, reference citations follow.
All instructional content © Copyright 2006 by Michael L. Wehmeyer, Ph.D. All rights reserved.
Website developed and hosted by Disability Policy and Studies (DPS) and the Curators of the University of Missouri.
If you have difficulty with or questions about this website, contact DPS at 573 882-3807 or the webmaster at standifers[at]missouri.edu