1.05 - The Self-Determined Career Development Model - Page 4
Figure 2: Self-Determined Career Development Model: Phase 2
Problem to Solve: What is my plan?
- Question 5: What actions can I take to reach my career or employment goal?
- Enable person to identify action alternatives to achieving career or employment goal.
- Assist person in gathering information related to consequences of action alternatives.
- Enable person to select best action alternatives.
- Question 6: What could keep me from taking action?
- Support person to identify barriers to implementing action alternatives.
- Support person to identify actions to remove barriers
- Question 7: What can I do to remove these barriers?
- Assist person in identifying appropriate employment supports to implement selected action alternative.
- Teach person knowledge and skills needed to implement selected supports.
- Question 8: When will I take action?
- Enable person to determine schedule for action plan to remove barriers and implement supports.
- Support and enable person to implement the action plan.
- Enable person to self-monitor their progress.
- Phase 2 Employment Supports
- Exploration of Community Resources and Supports
- Problem Solving Instruction
- Self-Scheduling Training
- Self-Instruction Training
- Antecedent Cue Regulation Training
- Decision-Making Instruction
- Self-Advocacy Instruction
- Assertiveness Training
- Self-Monitoring Instruction
End of basic content. Credits, navigation links and, where relevant, reference citations follow.
All instructional content © Copyright 2006 by Michael L. Wehmeyer, Ph.D. All rights reserved.
Website developed and hosted by Disability Policy and Studies (DPS) and the Curators of the University of Missouri.
If you have difficulty with or questions about this website, contact DPS at 573 882-3807 or the webmaster at standifers[at]missouri.edu